2002 Dodge Ram 1500 consumer reviews

$17,620–$22,220 MSRP range

side view of 2002 Ram 1500 Dodge

87% of drivers recommend this car

Rating breakup (out of 5):

  • Comfort four.4
  • Interior blueprint 4.0
  • Functioning 4.iii
  • Value for the money iv.one
  • Exterior styling 4.iv
  • Reliability 4.1

Best truck I have ever owned

The truck meets all my needs. The interior is comfortable and roomy. The 8foot bed makes conveying 8foot plywood easy. Fifty-fifty my wife likes to bulldoze it. We bought it to use effectually the i acre lot to depict brush,leaves and branches to the landfill and carry mulch and fertilizer for our thou.

Show total review

Piece of work Truck

Good ol piece of work truck. five.9 engine strong transmission. This was the last twelvemonth before some major changes(Hemi). I consider this truck to exist heavier duty than the following years. I would similar to have the more powerful Hemi just don't experience the 4x4 or tranny is every bit strong with newer models. On the down side they become ameliorate gas mileage, mine is poor.

Show total review

The best truck I've e'er had with no problems.

I never expected this truck to final this long without whatever mechanical issues. I received this vehicle 100,000 miles agone and I love using it but at this signal I'm wanting to merely salvage it in this condition.

Evidence total review

One of the best trucks I have

The truck pulls trailers really well. The pigment hasn't faded. The bed of the truck is very sturdy and doesn't dent easy. Hardly anything has gone wrong with information technology. The dashboard is the only thing that is really fragile.

Prove total review

Trusted truck

Truthful to form pick up that is able to put muscle where it's needed and when. Only upshot with the early 2000 models are the possible rear differential volition go bad.

Show full review

Dandy vehicle at a slap-up cost.

Exactly what I was looking for. I needed a vehicle that could pull my camper. This Dodge Ram volition more than than do the job.

Show total review

Skillful runner

Got a keen deal on a used 2002 Dodge Ram from Large John'southward Ford in Minden, NE. Not bad mileage & shape for an older truck.

Show full review

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 slt quad cab

I would be happier with information technology if it would shift right and end acting like it don't want to shift and I tin't stand it

Show full review

As Good Equally It Gets

I bought this truck over 5 years with 75k miles and accept put over 100k more on it since then. It is the full-size half ton 5-Speed Manual trans with the iv.7L V8 engine rear-wheel bulldoze model. I have pulled, hauled, over-hauled, mudded, and vacationed in this vehicle and information technology hasn't let me down a single fourth dimension. There are some common cosmetic, heating, and electrical issues, simply cypher that shouldn't exist expected with nearly 200k miles on it. Definitely recommend!

Show full review

02 ram 1500 4x4 four.7

bought this truck 02 dodge ram 4x4 brusk bed iv.7 used 10 months ago with low miles 70 k subsequently iput another 10k on information technology everything starts to break.heater core went no estrus on drivers side just heat on passenger side.as well no ac rider side simply information technology works on drivers side but with heat and ac both on all yous smell is coolant out the vents to fix $1400.this is a know consequence with these trucks.likewise the head gasket went bad on the 4.7 I later found out that 4.7s have this effect with these trucks $2,500 to fix.also the truck wont move in reverse sometimes and fuel pump making a sound.to much money to fix everything so im trading it in for another truck maybe a ford.non a bad ride the ride is very smooth.I exercise not recommend this truck with the 4.7 to anyone or you volition be sorry and the caput gasket volition continue y'all as well.maybe buy one with a v.7 hemi but thos have staling bug wait information technology up.take it from me save your coin and buy another brand truck.skilful bye contrivance

Testify total review